Having worked on the Cape Preston Tailings Storage Facility for more than 6 years, the survey consulting team at Survey Group has just been awarded another extension to the contract. Read on to find out what our continued involvement means for the project.
Survey Group’s project achievements
The CITIC Pacific Sino Iron project is one of the most significant and largest magnetite projects in Australia. And the survey consulting team at Survey Group has been working on this long-term project since before 2016. Survey Group’s contract for the construction of the Cape Preston Tailings Storage Facility (TSF) started in November 2016.
The project survey team was recently awarded a fourth extension to the contract, highlighting the strong ongoing relationship between management groups, proving the project survey team’s comprehensive understanding of the long-term project.
Survey Group has acted as a trusted advisor in the auditing of the construction works. Monitoring standards and tolerances across the project, they offer a high-quality survey consulting service.
A well-respected leader in the field, Survey Group also consistently provides ongoing local knowledge that would otherwise prove difficult for global partners involved in the project to obtain.
During Survey Group’s 6-year involvement with the project, the allotted project survey team has competently overseen the following:
- The placement of approximately 38,000,000 meters of waste material to the walls of the TSF
- The construction of the 123 staging pond which is used for de-watering of the mining area
- The construction of stage 1 of the flood bund
- Overseen numerous smaller projects such as – the construction of heavy vehicles go-lines, office areas, lighting infrastructure, drainage, and installation of numerous pipelines
- In May this year, the survey consulting team completed raise 3 of the dam to the 61rl
- Raise 4 is already underway which will lift the dam another 10 meters to the 71rl. This part of the project is scheduled for completion by the end of 2023
Offering expertise, energy and ample industry experience, Survey Group’s experienced surveyors have worked on many projects.
View our past and current projects online.
Would you like to discuss your next project?
Offering decades of local survey consulting experience and in-depth knowledge of minerals, energy, civil engineering and construction industries, the survey consulting team at Survey Group is well-equipped to successfully manage your next project. Phone +61)8 9 4438 900 and talk us through your enquiry today. If you’d like to meet with the team face to face, you’ll find us conveniently located at Osborne Park.